Fall Concert of Pierian Sodality, Glee and Banjo Clubs.

The regular fall concert of the college musical organizations takes place in Sanders on the evening of Dec. 20th. The concerts given at this time of the year though lacking much of the snap and precision of the spring concerts, are yet of great merit, and all members of the college are urged to encourage by their presence the diligent work of the performers.

The Pierian is working hard, but is not yet up to its standard of last year. This is due greatly to the fact that the pieces which are played are much more difficult than any of last year's. The club contains forty members, and several new instruments have been added this year. The support from '92 is unfortunately very small.

The Glee Club is doing excellent work; there are at present thirty members who sing regularly with the club. Many new songs have been added to the club's repertory, and rehearsals of them are being held daily. The practice of dividing the club into quartettes and making each man sing in one of them has proved itself a decided success, as it has given every man an intelligent and independent position which shows itself in the choral singing.

The Banjo Club began work early in the season and has worked hard ever since. The pieces are all new and of much superior selection than those of previous years. The outlook for a very creditable concert, especially from the Glee and Banjo clubs, is decidedly promising.