Union Athletic club Meeting.

The games held at Music Hall last evening, under the auspices of the Union Athletic Club, came off very successfully. The hall was crowded with spectators, many of whom were Harvard men.

The first event was the tug-of-war between the Yale and Cambridge teams; won by Cambridge by one inch. The Unas pulled the M. I. T. team by one inch. The final tug-of-war between the Una and Cambridge teams resulted in a tie, but Cambridge refusing to pull again, the prize was given to the Unas.

The Harvard '90 team did not appear, having been notified by Dr. Sargent, at the last moment, not to enter. As Clement, '88, and Hale, '91, did not contest, Ashe, L. S., was the only Harvard representative. In his first bout he easily defeated Gassett, an English amateur, after three exciting and scientific rounds. His splendid training showed itself in his second bout, with Hanlan, the latter refusing to come to time for the third round.

In the running high jump, Sherman, of Yale, won the first prize, jumping 5 feet 5 1-4 in.

Lee, of Yale, did not enter in the high kick, as was expected. W. S. Phillips, C. Y. M. C. A., won this event by a kick of 8 feet 9 inches. In trying to better this he made a record of 9 feet 3 1-2 inches.

The rest of the sparring, with one or two exceptions, was decidedly uninteresting. The Yale contestants left early and returned to New Haven last night.