The Symphony Concert.

The fifth and last concert by the Boston Symphony Orchestra was given in Sanders last evening. The following numbers made up the programme:

C. M. von Weber-Overture "Der Freischuetz."

M. Bruch-Scotch Fantasie for violin, op. 46.

Fr. Schubert-Unfinished Symphony in B minor.

L. von Beethoven-Allegretto and Finale from the 8th Symphony.

The overture to "Der Freischuetz," though not a new one to Cambridge people, was never heard to better advantage here. The horn passages in the first parts are deserving of special comment and praise. The purity of these tones and delicacy of their execution was truly admirable. Owing to some misunderstanding about the piano the Unfinished Symphony was given before the Bruch selection. The audience showed a lively appreciation of Schubert's masterpiece and without doubt it was the favorite of the programme. Gericke brought out the melodic beauties of the work with true artistic feeling. The soloist of the evening was Mr. C. M. Loeffler. His rendering of the Scotch Fantasie was a delightful treat to all music lovers, and in perfect keeping with the high standard of this artist. The work makes unusual demands on the player but Mr. Loeffler met all technicalities with the greatest of ease. The concert ended with the allegretto and finale from Beethoven's eighth Symphony. Mr. Gericke received an ovation as he stepped from the platform. At the end of each selection he was heartily encored; but when the last number was over he was forced to bow his acknowledgements again and again. It is very evident that Cambridge people appreciate Mr. Gericke's efforts here.