The Elective Pamphlet.

At last the long-expected Elective Pamphlet has appeared. From a typographical point of view, it can hardly be called a success. By a mistake of the printer, the pamphlet appears under the title, "Account of the Graduate Department." The paper, also, is of very inferior quality. In fact it compares unfavorably with that of last year.

The following changes in the pamphlet are noticeable: Greek 4 is a new course in Aristophanes to be conducted by Professor J. W. White; Greek 16 and 17 are also new courses. In the English Department, English 6 is to be continued next year, and two important courses have been added: English 10, a half course in advanced elocution, and English 20, a study of special topics. The last two courses will satisfy a need which has long been felt in the college.

Dr. Francke will conduct a course in research in the History of German Literature. This will be German 20. Philosophy 1 will be under a new instructor, Dr. Ward. Professor James will have Philosophy 4 in Professor Palmer's absence. In Political Ecomomy, course 20, for special research, has been added. In the History Department, Dr. Gross will assist in courses 1 and 19, and Mr. Bendelari will have courses 4 and 11. Course 7 has been added in music. Course 20 for special research has been added in Physics. These are the most important changes.

In adding these new courses, the faculty have shown not only that they have the interest of the University at heart and are really progressive, but it is manifest that the suggestions and appeals of the students have not only been listened to but in many cases have been satisfied beyond expectation.