Meeting of the Amateur Athletic Union.

The games of the Amateur Athletic Union announced for January 19 at the Madison Square Garden. New York, promise to be an unprecedented success. There are about six hundred entries including a number of college men for the fourteen events. In the 75-yards dash alone there are one hundred and nine contestants, and among them, Robinson of Yale. Harmar, of Yale, will compete with seventy-four other athletes in the mile run. The entries for the running high jump number forty-seven, and among them is the name of Shearman of Yale. In the half-mile run, Harmar, of Yale, and Dohm, of Princeton, will contest. Princeton will have another representative in Janeway, who has entered for putting the 24-pound shot. Dohm and Robinson will also compete in the quarter-mile run, among almost fifty others. There are forty-four entries for the standing broad jump, thirty-one for the mile walk, twenty-five for the 220-yard hurdle race, and an exceedingly large number for the bicycle races. Twelve tug-of-ar teams have entered, including one from Yale. The four men have not yet been selected, but the most prominent candidates are Hanson, Crail, Veeder, Lane, and Lloyd. The secretary of the Union recently visited New Haven, and endeavored to secure the consent of the Yale eleven to play an exhibition game with Princeton, but the Yale management absolutely declined to consider the proposition.