The Yale Eleven.

Although it is but five weeks before the Harvard-Yale game, the Yale team has not yet got into good trim. The men in the rushline are a little heavier than those of last year's team. The backs are about the same in weight. The second eleven scores against the first daily, and frequently holds the 'varsity down to two touchdowns. Changes may be made but the team will probably be maee up as follows:

Hartwell, P. G., right end. He was substitute last year, has rowed two years on the crew, is tall and muscular and a hard and conscientious player. Rhodes, '91, who was elected captain last fall and resigned, will play right tackle. He played last year, was substitute the year before, and has rowed two years on class crew; he is very powerful and plucky. Right guard and centre are open as yet; the candidates are Newell, '90, who has been playing center till within a day or two when he was changed to right guard. He is very tall and pretty well built but slow; was a substitute last year and is a rowing man. Ferris, '91, who has played on class team and pulled on class crew, splendid physique, blocks well and is good all round man. Adams, '91; very solidly built, but ignorant of the game. Heyworth, '90 S., has been playing right guard; quick and energetic man but a little light for guard. Heffelfinger, '91 S., will play left guard; he is blocking and rushing well but apt to lose his head and is a little slow. Gill, P. G., is in his old form and at left tackle. Right end is open, and McClintock, '91, and Townsend, '91, are trying for the position. McClintock is the fastest runner on the team but is slow in dropping on the ball. Townsend is fast, gets down field well and is an earnest worker. Wurtemberg, M. S., will play quarterback as last year. He is very cool, but is not passing well. Graves, '91, will probably play full back. The candidates for halfback are S. N. Morrison, '92, who played half on the '92 team; Harvey, who played during a half of the Princeton game last fall, McClung and McBride. The men as yet play poorly together.