Meeting of the Advisory Committee of the Intercollegiate Foot Ball Association.

The meeting of the Advisory Committee of the Intercollegiate Foot Ball Association was held yesterday morning in the Fifth Avenue Hotel, New York, Mr. Richards of Yale in the chair. The meeting was called by Harvard for an oral examination of Ames, Princeton's full-back, and Mr. Leeds, Harvard's delegate, proceeded at once to read evidence against Ames. Princeton objected on a point of order as the affidavit had been questioned before it had been received. The chair sustained Mr. Leeds, but was overruled by Princeton, University of Pennsylvania and Wesleyan, the delegate from the latter college taking two hours to cast the deciding vote. Harvard offered to waive all technicalities and to produce for oral examination the four Harvard men, Dean, Cranston, Stickney and Upton, who were on hand to answer Princeton's protest, provided that Princeton would do the same with Ames. Princeton refused, resting her decision on the point of order, even though Harvard claimed that her evidence was so strong that she would accept no affidavit. The result of Princeton's action is that the five men in question, Ames, Dean, Cranston, Upton and Stickney will be allowed to play tomorrow.

Harvard's evidence is a dispatch from Ames to H. F. Billings, jr., manager of the Virginia Brights nine of Chicago, and an affidavit of a certain Paul Buckley, in which he swears to Ames being a professional ball player. The dispatch and the affidavit are overbatim as follows:

DEAR BILLINGS:

Here we are. Will send rest some time in near future. The manager of West Ends owes me for pitching that last game against Whitings. See him.

Yours and C., K. L. AMES.

State of Illinois, 88

Cook County, 88

Paul Buckley, being first duly sworn, deposes and says, that he is acquainted with Knowlton L. Ames of Chicago, Illinois, now a student at Princeton college, and that he played ball with said Ames in the summer of 1889, and that during said summer said Ames has to his personal knowledge received money for his service for ball playing; on one occasion the money for his services in a game between the "West Ends" and the "Whitings," (both of the Chicago City League), being paid to him, said Ames, directly by said Buckley; on another occasion said Buckley saw a member of the Joliet, Illinois, nine deliver money to said Ames, and was told by said Ames that it was in payment of this, said Ames services for ball playing with the Joliet nine in a game played against the Aurora, Illinois, nine.

And said Buckley further deposes that it was in accordance with an agreement made between said Ames, F. E. Culbertson, manager of the Joliet, Illinois, nine, and himself that said Ames and himself were to receive money for their services, that he and said Ames played in the aforesaid gamed between said Aurora and Joliet nines.

(Signed) PAUL BUCKLEY. Subscribed and sworn to before me, this 12th day of November, 1889.

F. J. THOMPSON, Notary Public.Signed and Sealed