Andover, 34; Harvard '93, 7.

The freshman eleven which played at Andover on Saturday was weakened by the absence of the regular half backs, but this fact is not sufficient to explain the severe defeat which the team received at the hands of the Phillips Academy eleven. The work of the freshmen in comparison withthat of the academy team was painfully slow and loose. The tackling as a rule was execrable, the blocking was not systematic, and the tendency to fumble the ball was very discouraging. The play of the academy eleven was uniformly good; Hinkey and Gilbert on the ends of the rush line, did some remarkable tackling, and Bliss and Stone supported each other well in their work behind the line.

Play began at half-past three Andover having the ball, and the lively work of the Phillips team completely dazed the freshmen. Stone began the game with a rush of twenty yards; Cochrane carried the ball fifteen yards farther towards Harvard's goal; Bliss ran around the end to the five yard line, and on the next scrimmage Stone found a hole made for him and slipped across the line three minutes after play began. The try for a goal was a failure, but Colt dropped on the ball and secured a second touchdown. The play during the next ten minutes was exceedingly lively, but at 3.43 with the ball at Harvard's thirty yard line Bliss made a beautiful run around the end well guarded by Stone, and secured the third touchdown. The freshmen now braced and forced Andover back rapidly; for the first time they got the ball into Andover's territory, and Frothingham kicked a difficult goat from the forty yard line. Time was called soon after. Two minutes after the ball had been put in play Stone ran around the end and secured a touchdown for Andover. Goal. Harvard braced again and forced Andover back. Vail secured the ball at Andover's fifteen yard line. Frothingham tried for a goal from the field and failed, but Andover was forced to a safety touchdown. Score 20-7. During the remaining twenty minutes Bliss secured two touchdowns, and Stone one; from one of these a goal was kicked making the final score 34-7 in favor of Andover. The teams were made up as follows:

Harvard Ninety-three-rushers: Malone, Cummings, Vail, Brice, Davis, Ellsworth, Hill, (Dunn); quarter-back, Kendricken, halfbacks, Bisbee and Miller; full back Frothingham.

Andover-rushers: Gilbert, Colt, Taylor, McDuffle, Addis, Cochrane, Hinkey; quarter back McCormick, halfbacks, Bliss, Brown; fullback, Stone.