The '91 Crew.

The management of the sophomore crew was undertaken during the fall by Hammond, No. 7 of last year's crew. At Christmas time Hammond resigned and Bishop, who was the first freshman captain, was re-elected. A great deal of energy was shown in getting out new men, and as a result the empty places in the boat promise to be well filled. All the men are now rowing, and the crew as at present made is as follows: Stroke, Bishop; 7, Hammond; 6, Perkins; 5, Tallant; 4, Goldthwaite; 3, Randall; 2, Shaw; bow, Parker; substitutes-Everett, Wainwright, Marston. Their personal peculiarities in rowing are:-

No. 8. Falls forward to the full reach and goes back too far.

No. 7. Hammond has a tendency to catch ahead and breaks his arms too soon.

No. 6. Perkins goes back too far and does not get his legs in at the right time.

No. 5. Tallant never rowed before. He breaks his arms too soon, and should pay special attention to getting his weight over the stretcher.

No. 4. Goldthwaite never rowed before. He should sit up and not break his arms so soon.

No. 3. Randall goes back too far, and does not get his legs in at the right time. He should pay especial attention to rowing smoothly.

No. 2. Shaw rows too mechanically and should get his weight off the stretcher better. He goes back too far.

Bow. Parker does not carry his stroke through. He catches too hard. He should pay attention to making his rowing smoother.

The crew has no regular coach, and for this reason labors under considerable disadvantage. They have the best material of the class crews and ought to make the most of it. They have just ordered of Blaikie a new $400 shell, including seats, oars, and other fittings.