Class Crews.

The following men reported yesterday at the gymnasium as candidates for the Junior Crew: R. B. Beals, C. Clarkson, C. H. Crane, P. Gardner, D. Lane, H. S. Newman, E. P. Saltonstall, and K. Smith. Captain Bond put them through the usual exercises in the gymnasium after which they took a short run up North Avenue. This will be the regular daily work for some time to come. There is a great need of more candidates - new men particularly are wanted. Nearly all the places in the boat will have to be filled with new men as only two of last year's crew have come out this year.

The present outlook for the '95 crew is very promising. Nearly all of last year's crew are at present training with the 'varsity squad and seventeen new men appeared at the gymnasium as additional candidates yesterday. The daily program of training consists of work at the chest-weights, dumb-bells, and rowing machines and a short run. All of last year's substitutes will probably try for positions in the boat - Cook, Lambert, and Murchie being among the present candidates.