Improvements in the Princeton Gymnasium.

The need of better facilities for training the athletic teams at Princeton has become very great; the present building is inadequate and a new gymnasium will soon be a necessity. But some of the present inconveniences will soon be obviated by a change in the arrangements. The improvements have all been planned and will be put through as soon as enough money can be raised.

The changes will be in the lower floor with the view of giving every possible advantage to the athletic teams. The partition between the baseball court and the bowling alleys will be torn away and replaced by a row of posts, and another row of posts, will be placed between the present partition and the dressing room in order to strengthen the upper floor when exhibitions are given on it. A glass partition will separate the room set free by tearing up the bowling alleys from the dressing room, so that one can be warmed without heating the other. In the new room, lockers, pulley weights, chest weights, rowing weights and other apparatus will be placed. This room will be used exclusively by the athletic teams. The entrance to it will be by way of the door in the east tower of the building, and another door at the north-east corner will connect it with the old dressing room. Here the candidates for the various teams will be directly under the supervision of the trainer. The plan will double the capacity of the gymnasium at an expense of not over $1,500. The upper floor will be left to the general student, where the latter will be out of the way of the teams.

The plan is Professor Osborn's and money to carry it out with will be raised among the graduates of Princeton.