The Vesper Service.

Rev. Phillips Brooks conducted Vesper Services at the Chapel yesterday afternoon. He said that a day set apart especially for prayer for colleges was full of impressiveness for all connected with university life. It means that the colleges are recognized by the people as influencing for good or for evil the lives of those who are to be the leaders in the life of the country, and the country is praying that it may before good.

Prayer of this kind does not need to be qualified with the words, "They will, not mine, be done. This is the prayer that help and blessing may be given, while it is only the prayer for relief from trial or pain with which the petitioner feels that he should ask that which he wishes may not be granted if it is not the Father's will.

When Saul had seen the bright light of Christ he felt that his prayer to be told what to do would be granted him and accordingly he listened to Ananias as the medium through which God spoke to him. So should all petitioners be ready to hear the answer to their prayers even by instruments from which they expect it least.

The choir sang the following anthems: Jerusalem, High Tower They Glorious Walls-Parker; Saviour, When Night-Shelley; Israfel-Oliver King. L. S. Swarts, L. S., was the soloist.