Bowdoin Prizes for 1890-91.

The Bowdoin prizes for 1890-91 have been awarded as follows:

I. To Curtis Hidden Page. A. B. 1890, of the Graduate School, a prize of $100 for a dissertation on "The Present Stage of the Homeric Question."

To Francis Kingsley Ball, A. B. 1890, of the Graduate School, a prize of $100 for a translation into Latin from No. 15 of "The Mirror."

To George James Peirce, S. B. 1890, of the Graduate School, a prize of $100 for a dissertation on "Adaptations to Surroundings displayed in Seeds and Fruits."

II. To Charles Henry Conrad Wright, of the Senior Class, a prize of $100 for a dissertation on "The Influence of Contemporary French Literature upon that of England and America during the past fifty years."

To Harvey Humphrey Baker, of the Senior Class, a prize of $75 for a dissertation, "A Comparison of the Legislative Systems of the United States and England."

III. To Hugh Tallant, of the Senior Class, a prize of $50 for a dissertation on "The Antiquity of the Art of Writing among the Greeks."

IV. To Justus Watson Folsom, of the Lawrence Scientific School, a prize of $100 for a dissertation on "Adaptations to Surroundings displayed in Seeds and Fruits.

Judges.- Classes I and II: Professor Taussig, Mr. Henry W. Haynes, and Mr. H. W. Putnam. Classes I and III: Professor Allen, Dr. Tarbell, and Dr. H. N. Fowler. Classes I and IV: Mr. B. M. Watson and Mr. Charles E. Faxon.