Sophomore Crew.

There is not a little reasonable dissatisfaction felt over the way in which the sophomore crews are rowing at present. The men are decidedly green and there is an apparent disinterestedness in the work. Their principal fault is a lack of snap and their present sleepiness is hardly encouraging. Blake, Thompson and Captain Loring are the only members of last year's crew who are now rowing with the sophomore crews. Five '94 men, Williams, Saltonstall, Bond, Waters and Johnson are training with the 'varsity.

Some of the men who were dropped from the freshman crew quite early last year will be able to make the sophomore crew without difficulty this year. As a rule, the men are very light and they are not rowing well. To enumerate their individual faults would require more time and space than are at our command

The men rowed in the tank for the first time, yesterday and it is expected that they will be able to get on the river some time next week.

The crew has almost no money whatever and none is being subscribed, so it is impossible to state when the men will go to the training table. It is hoped, however, that a sufficient sum will be pledged to enable them to go by the first of April.

Several men have been dropped since the last CRIMSON report and at present the crews are made up as follows:

FIRST CREW.

Bell, Stroke, 158

Breckenridge, 7, 152

Thompson, 6, 158

Crane, 5, 154

Weed, 4, 157

Davis, 3, 170

Wrenn, 2, 158

Blake, Bow, 165

SECOND CREW.

Loring, (capt.) Stroke, 157

Eddy, 7, 163

McDonald, 6, 160

Heckscher, 5, 153

Turnure, 4, 170

Beals, 2, 160