Harvard Dental School.

A public meeting in the interest of the project to erect a new building for the Harvard Dental School was held in Horticultural Hall, Tuesday evening. President Eliot, Bishop Brooks, Dr. H. P. Bowditch, Dean of Harvard Medical School; the Rev. Dr. Alexander McKenzie, and Dr. T. H. Chandler were on the platform. President Eliot opened the meeting with the statement that the Dental School of Harvard wanted a building for its especial use and had no means of securing one. It has but $22,000 and a gross income of only $10,000. It has depended largely on the charity of the Medical School, but it now wants to have a suitable building of its own.

Gov. Russell said it is not so much that Harvard wants money as that the Commonwealth needs Harvard. The Dental School of Harvard has treated thousands of cases gratuitously and it is so much of a benefactor to the Commonwealth that it should do something in return.

Bishop Brooks said the work which the school had been doing was pioneer work, and it was now for the community to finish it.

An executive committee of twenty-three to carry out the purpose of the meeting was appointed, to consist of the following persons:

Hon. Roger Wolcott, chairman, Col. Henry Lee, Dr. J Collins Warren, Rev. E. A. Horton, Dr. Fred C. Shattuck, Col. W. A. Tower, Hon. Oliver Ames, Dr. Morrill Wyman, Dr. B. E. Cotting, Hon. H. Sprague, Hon. S. N. Aldrich, A. Shuman, Dr. H. P. Walcott, Col. Albert A. Pope, Hon. Martin Brimmer, William Endicott, Jr., E. W. Hooper, l.r. T. H. Chandler, Dr. Thomas Fillebrown, Dr. Eugene H. Smith, Dr Dwight M. Clapp, Dr. Washburn E. Page, Dr. William H. Potter.