The Century for March.

The Century for March opens with "The Violoncello of Jufrow Rozenboom," a quaint Dutch story with a happy ending, describing the adventures of an eccentric pair of lovers. The second part of "An Embassy to Provence" by Thomas a Janvier is begun in this number. It is a story of Provencal life and is well illustrated by Castaigne. A very interesting article is "Napoleon's Deportation to Elba" by the officer in charge, Admiral Sir Thomas Ussher of the Royal Navy. It is a detailed description of the voyage and is illustrated with portraits of Napoleon and Sir Thomas Ussher. "Jamaica" is written and illustrated by Gilbert Gaul. It is a short account of life on the Island of Jamaica with three or four pictures of typical native scenes. The installment of "Letters of two Brothers," passages from the correspondence of General and Senator Sherman, treats of the end of the war. Henry B. Fuller contributes a long article on Westminster Abbey, profusely illustrated with views of the Abbey from different positions and of the most interesting spots inside. "The Rousing of Mrs. Potter" by Gertrude Smith is a good story of country life. There is a short critical sketch of Camille Saint-Saens, the great French composer, with a portrait, written by H. E. Krehbiel. "Have ye Niver Heerd Tell o' Rose Creagan" is a charming little song very daintily illustrated. The installments of "Sweet Bells out of Tune" and "Benefits Forgot" are good as usual. A very entertaining article is "Artist Life by the North Sea" written and illustrated by H. W. Ranger. Washington Gladden contributes the third and last chapter of "The Cosmopolis City Club" telling what the Club accomplished. This number is unusually rich in poetry all of which is good. John Kendrich Bangs contributes a clever poem to the department "In Lighter Vein," called "The United States Poetry Company (Limited)."