Sale of Tickets.

The sale of tickets for the Springfield game was more successful this year than ever before. Last year the system of assigning seats on application was first introduced, and this year it met with perfect success. So many applications were received that all the seats on the Harvard side of the field as well as many in the end sections were taken. Each application was given the best seat left, under its conditions, the result being that many got seats further from the middle of the field than they could have wished.

Those who did not get seats in the sections for which they asked can have their money refunded; though if they give up their seats now, they will surely get much worse, and probably none. The public sale of the one dollar seats was very considerable in Boston, though light here.

The seats on the Yale side were sold on exactly the same conditions as those on the Harvard side. The sale is so rapid everywhere that in a few days even the few remaining seats in the end sections will all be taken.