Trophy Room in Yale Gymnasium.

The work of fitting up a trophy room at the Yale gymnasium has been in progress for some time and is now near completion. At each end of the room are two large cabinets made of oak, with glass doors. In these are arranged on shelves, the baseballs which have been used in games won by Yale for a number of years back, although in a number of cases the succession of games is broken. On the side of the room which faces the entrance are two bulletin boards on which will be placed the college records, both in athletics and gymnastic events. In the centre of the room is placed a large oblong table made of oak, and surrounded by chairs of the same material. They are very handsomely finished, and will be used for the committee meetings which will be held here. On the walls at the height of the mouldings are suspended the championship banners which have come to Yale in the various branches of athletics. The finish of the room corresponds to that in the hallway, the marble floor, the walls and woodwork being white. The baseballs are painted over in red, orange and black, white and blue. Those painted in orange and black were used in the Princeton games, the red ones in Harvard games. All have on them the date, score, etc. The footballs and the track trophies will be placed in the upper part of the cabinets.