HUCTW, HOOP Protest Sanctions Against Pro-Palestine Harvard Staff at Tuesday Rally

Harvard College Yield Rises Even After Tumultuous Year, Admissions Dean Says

Large Police Response at Harvard Graduate School of Education After 2 People Fall Off Balcony

Harvard Corporation Rejects FAS Effort to Let 13 Pro-Palestine Student Protesters Graduate

‘An Inflection Point’: Speakers Commend Encampment Protesters at Celebration for Arab Harvard Grads

No Headline

The game at New Haven on Saturday revived the old stories of Yale yelling which have done so much to make that college's reputation an unenviable one in matters of sport. The treatment received by the Harvard men was, however, far more courteous than usual. Tin horns, once the essence of Yale cheering, were almost wanting, and when a man got his base on three strikes, one could address a friend a couple of yards away and still be heard distinctly. We suppose that this slight noise was an outburst of patriotism which could not be surpressed, but needed to give vent to itself in order to keep the Yale team at its work, as defeat was so imminent.

We are glad to do all in our power to advance the cause of good feeling between colleges, and when Harvard is in the wrong we will say so honestly and fearlessly, but when cheering descends into yelling, no matter by whom it is done, we shall consider it our duty to proclaim such conduct "muckerish" and unworthy an intercollegiate athletic contest.