Mass Meeting at Princeton.

A mass meeting of Princeton students was held on Monday to take action in regard to some cases of open violation of the new rules concerning examinations. The faculty recently passed a vote providing that no instructor or procter should be present at an examination, but as a guarantee of his good faith, each student should sign at the end of his book a statement to the effect that he had neither received nor given aid during the examination. A number of men, mostly from the lower classes, were noticed to disregard utterly this pledge and the mass meeting was called to condemn their dishonesty. A number of students spoke on the question and the general sentiment seemed to be that men who were capable of degrading the fame of their alma mater to such a degree had no right to remain in college. A committee was selected whose duty it is to call all such men up before it and condemn them. The committee decided that the highest punishment, which would be inflicted would consist in forcing the guilty man to take another examination. In some cases the faculty will be petitioned to use suspension or expulsion as a punishment.