Harvard Catholic Society.

About 150 men met in Sever 11 last night and formed the Harvard Catholic Society. The meeting was the result of a movement which has been going on for some time and was held with the advice and approval of President Eliot. Mr. Bonaparte, one of the overseers, Dr. Dwight of the Medical School, and many prominent Harvard graduates.

The basis and ground work of the society are to be for moral and religions purposes, chiefly, to make the Catholic religion better known and to increase the good will that exists between the Catholics and Protestants of Harvard college. Other purposes of the club are to have eminent men both of the laymen and clergy. come to Harvard and lecture on important moral and religious questions, and a reception will be held at the beginning of each academic year for men just entering college. The club hopes to prove by its existence and strength that Catholics are as well received at Harvard as any one else. to guarantee this to Catholics and to benefit the university by thus inducing men from all over the country to come here.

A constitution and by laws were adopted and the following officers were elected: R. G. Emmet '93, of New York, President M. H. Guerin '93 of Chicago, Vice-President; J. E. Molloy '95 of Boston, Secretary and G. Crompton '95 of Worcester, Treasurer. The governing board will be J H Hickey '93. J. M. Minton '94, J. D. M. Ford '94, J. F. McGrath '95, J. T. Manahan '96, J. J. Shea '96, M. T. H. O' Connor L. S., W. H. Shea L. S., G. F. McKelleget, J. Courtney Med., J. E. Rouke, Med., F. L. Stanton, Med.

President Eliot has promised to give the club rooms in the Phillips Brooks' House.