Third Game With Yale.

The report was published in the CRIMSON of May 20 that a third game had been arranged with Yale, but the report was not given as perfectly certain. It has since been verified and the third game will certainly be played in New York on July 1 it the first two games result in a tie. This satisfactory ending to all the trouble has been brought about by the efforts of Mr. Henry S. Van Duzer representing Harvard and Mr. George Adee representing Yale. Mr. Van Duzer telegraphed the Harvard management last Friday as follows:

"Will baseball management authorize me to arrange for a third game with Yale in New York city on Saturday July first? Answer to University Club this evening. I have assurances that this is possible. We strongly urge it etc." This telegram was sent after Mr. Van Duzer had talked with Mr. Adee and had found that he was very anxious that the dispute should be settled. Mr. Adee telegraphed to Yale for similar permission to arrange the game. Both men received authority and the game was settled. It should be particularly noticed that the third game is only in case of a tie.

Mr. Van Duzer has obtained the option of the New York Baseball Grounds for the date of the game and it will probably be played there. If asked, the University Athletic Club will probably manage the whole thing so that there will be no work for the universities.