Mott-Haven Team.

It is customary to give the college a conservative estimate of what may be expected from the Mott-Haven team whose final efforts will be made at the annual Intercollegiate Games to be held on Manhattan field. New York, Saturday afternoon. The contest generally narrows down to the men representing Harvard and Yale and the meeting is often a repetition of the dual games between these colleges, but this year some new stars have sprung up in the smaller colleges, who will undoubtedly take points from the larger colleges. In discussing the probable winners of the meeting this estimate will be based on public performances and without taking into consideration the surprises which an athletic meeting is sure to disclose.

The outcome of the 100 yards is a matter of doubt and will be a close contest between Allen of Princeton, Richards of Yale and Lefurgey and Garcelon of Harvard, with a preference for the order given. Harvard expects Merrill to win the 220 yards dash. Richards of Yale and Ramsdell, Princeton's broad jumper, will strive for the other points. As Merrill does not run in the quarter, Harvard's hopes are centered in Bingham, Hill and Pinkham as Brewer's leg is troubling him. Brokaw of Princeton is a strong runner and stands a good chance to win. Cornell has good man in Shaw who is not outclassed in this event. If Turner of Princeton only runs in the half mile, he ought to win on past performances, but Corbin of Harvard will push him closely. The third points lies between Lakin and Hubbell, and Scoville of Yale. Most estimates concede that mile run to Morgan of Yale although Nichols, Blake and Collamore have improved very much an will make a close race of the event. Jarvis of Wesleyan and Kelsey of U. of P. are good performers at this distance, but hardly strong enough to win. Borcherling of Princeton, holding the intercollegiate record in the mile walk, will have to work hard in order to win, as Endicott is in fine condition. Wight of Yale, Otley of Princeton and Bardeen will struggle for the third points. Bloss ought to win the broad jump with Sheldon of Yale second and Ramsdell of U. of P. third. Garcelon will probably repeat his victory in the long hurdles, although Harding of Columbia is a dangerous rival. Easton of Yale and Brown will decide the third point. Harding is expected to win the high hurdles also; Shead ought to get second and Yale has a strong third in Lyman. Fearing will again compete in the high jump and his nearest competitor will be Leslie of U. of P. who has cleared 6 ft. 1 in. indoors. Shelden of Yale, Putnam and Chaney all have a chance for third place. Shea ought to win the shot on his performance in the Yale games. Hickok will probably get second, although Hall of Princeton is doing good work. In Hickok, Yale has a sure winner, for the hammer throwing event the chances are that the intercollegiate record will be broken. Cross of Yale is good for second and Taylor of Princeton third The bicycle race is the most doubtful of all the events. Glenney of Yale and Coates of the U. of P. Have made the best records, but Pratt, Davis and Holmes are expected to win some points for Harvard. The U. of P. has a fine pole vaulter in Buckholtz who will probably win, with Cartwright of Yale second an the third point lying between Towne of Williams and Sherwin and Wheelwright.

According to this estimate, Harvard will win the cup by 39 points, Yale second with 33, Princeton third with 25, U. of P. fourth with 8 and Columbia fifth with 7 points.