Lacrosse.

HARVARD. POSITIONS. SOUTH BOSTON

Morton Goal E. Dwyer

Peabody Point J. T. Coyle

Williams Cover C. French

Griffing Defence. Murphy

Nichols Defence. W. Skelley

Towle Defence. T. Cooper

Gardner Centre M. Joyce

Davidson Attack White

Blodgett Attack J. Lanin

Dudley Attack J. Wall

Hale 2d Home D. Joyce

Harding 1st Home J. McKellar

Referee - Mr. J. B. Blake, '87.

The Lacrosse Team meant business on Saturday, and showed from the beginning of the game their determination to beat the team which beat them so badly a week ago to-day. When the ball was faced it went to the South Boston posts, and in three minutes Harding caught it where he wanted it, and scored by a quick throw. Harvard captured the ball at the face again, and the fielders worked it into the attack. It was reurned however, and the Harvard defence had very lively work for a few minutes. When the ball finally went to the visitors' end of the field our attack got in some very pretty team work. Dudley after several quick tips secured a shot and put the ball between the goal-tend's feet, as the men of both teams supposed, but the goal was not allowed. After more hard fighting, Blodgett threw a beauty, which the goal-tend was forced to dodge to avoid being struck in the face, again the umpire decided no goal. Play went on, and at this point the South Bostons did their best playing. They secured the ball at the centre, when close to their goal several times, and worked it way up the field by a three-cornered pass, which was very effective. They lobbed at our goal again and again; Morton and Towle did some clever defending at this stage, but two Boston men managed to get inside of point and cover, and a goal was the result. Time, 15 minutes. The half closed with the score a tie, 1 to 1.

The rain came down in torrents as the ball was placed for the second half. Mr. Blake rolled up his collar, grinned and said nothing about stopping, and with two or three exceptions, the hundred or more spectators followed his example; they were bound to see the tie broken.

For the first time in the game Harvard lost the draw, but the defence got it down to our homes in great shape, and it did not get beyond centre after that. The attack had matters pretty much their own way for a couple of minutes, and Dudley, finally securing a side shot, made the score, 2 to 1. The game was called at this point at the request of the visitors on account of the rain.