No Charges Against Hinkey.

[N. E. Associated Press.]

NEW YORK, Dec. 16. - Upon the close of the football season, the Yale Football Association, in view of the charges of rough playing made against Captain Hinkey of the Yale football eleven, requested a committee composed of Professor E. L. Richards, Walter Camp, Henry E. Howland, George A. Adee, Howard Knapp, and Gene L. Richards, Jr., and others, men of recognized experience in football matters, to investigate the charges. These gentlemen found that all of the charges of roughness in the Springfield game have centered in the alleged wilful injury of Wrightington by Captain Hinkey. The officials of the game mentioned thereupon submit their testimony. The umpire, Alex. Moffat, stated that the injury was a pure accident which might have happened at any time and that it was impossible to place any responsibility. Linesman George O. Pratt, in his statement, declared that he saw no unnecessary roughness in the game and that Hinkey was no rougher than any of the other players from his point of view; and the assistant linesman, I. McD. Garfield, says in his declaration that he cannot believe that Wrightington's injury was other than accidental.

Anson Beard, left tackle of the Yale eleven, goes into the detail of the play in which Wrightington received his injuries, and his statement is as follows:

"The play in which Wrightington was injured occurred about ten yards from Harvard's goal, nearly in front of the goal posts. Thorne had punted from about Harvard's 40 yard line. Wrightington caught the ball on the fly and started to run towards the Yale side of the field. He was running diagonally across the field and I was running straight down the field in the direction of Harvard's goal line. He had run about ten yards when I tackled him, both of us being on the dead run. I made a diving tackle, jumping and tackling him about the knees. He fell on his side, falling towards Harvard's goal. It was a hard tackle, Wrightington striking the ground heavily. Before I made the tackle I heard Hinkey some distance behind me shouting to me to tackle Wrightington. Wrightington got up almost immediately, working his shoulder. I had heard the umpire's whistle for Harvard's off-side play and when I looked back I saw Hinkey for the first time during that play fully 10 yards back towards our own goal, running towards the umpire, who had blown his whistle near the centre of the field. Hinkey was claiming a penalty for violation of the rules by Harvard, which the umpire allowed, while Wrightington was being helped off the field by the Harvard players."