H. A. A. Meeting.

At a meeting of the executive committee of the H. A. A. held last evening it was voted to give up the winter meeting which has been advertised for next Saturday. The reason was a lack of entries. The games committee made every effort to get out enough men to make the meeting a success but as only one event was assured in the sparring it was felt that it would be manifestly unjust to hold a meeting and charge admission. The only reasonable explanation for the small number of entries is that the interest in sparring and wrestling is dying out at Harvard. In the shot contest there was an encouraging sign of interest.

Inasmuch as some men have trained faithfully for the meeting it was felt that it was only fair to give them an opportunity to compete. It was accordingly decided that in such events as were filled, contests should be held and prizes awarded. Men who have entered should see the secretary in his room, No. 44 Weld, this afternoon between 4 and 6, to consult with him concerning convenient hours for holding the competitions.