Gymnastic Exhibition.

A gymnastic exhibition was given in the Hemenway Gymnasium last evening, by the young women of Dr. Sargent's Normal Class, for the benefit of the American Association for the Advancement of Physical Education. The large grand stand at the end of the hall and the galleries above were completely filled with spectators.

The programme consisted of twelve numbers, representing the different exercises used in Dr. Sargent's school and a game of battle-ball between the seniors and juniors. Throughout, the various movements were executed with great precision and grace. The order of exercises with the name of the leader in each is as follows:

1. March and Free Exercises, Miss Wilson.

2. Wooden Dumb-bells, Miss Clark.

3. Single Stick Exercise, Gen. Lister.

4. Bounding Balls.

5. Swedish Free Movements, Miss Crawford.

6. Wand Exercise.

Battle-Ball, Seniors vs. Juniors.

7. Indian Clubs, Miss Wilson.

8. Iron Dumb-bell, Miss Wilson.

9. AEsthetic Movements, Miss May.

10. Tennis Drill.

11. Heavy Gymnastics.

12. Dancing Steps.

After the exercise of the bounding balls Miss Shids Mori, a young Japanese student at Radcliffe College, gave an interesting exhibition of ball juggling.

The principal interest of the evening centered in the game of battle-ball. Ten minutes were allowed for the game and after a very close contest the juniors won by a score of 29 to 25.

In the heavy gymnastics a number of exercises were gone through, including running high jump, rope climbing, vaulting, spring-board jumping, ladder climbing, see-sawing and trapeze exercises. The programme ended with a very pretty exhibition of dancing steps.