Political Clubs.

To the Editors of the Crimson:

The contributor of this short article wishes to call the attention of the members of Harvard University to a fact that seriously appears to need the attention of every loyal and true friend of the crimson, and which has in quite a measure been neglected.

It is true that our numerous organizations in the University, the aims of which are very noble, are really a great benefit to the University, but still the thought comes, is there not some way to unite, in a public way, the spirit of individuals assembled here for the cultivation of a generous feeling toward the welfare of our nation. The formation of the young men's various political clubs is a step in the right direction, and as there is no place on the American continent that will begin to compare with Harvard for its young men of ambition, enterprise and patriotism, all movements towards the improvement of our body politic should receive the encouragement of every Harvard man.

The formation of party clubs is good for the crystallization of all political aims and it is pleasing to know that during the coming presidential campaign the various parties in the college will form clubs, the object of which will be to nominate their favorite, whether it be Allison, McKinley, Reed or Cleveland, for our coming president.

LAW STUDENT.