HARVARD AND CORNELL.

Two-Years' Agreement for Contests in Football, Baseball and Rowing.

Yesterday morning Professor Ames announced that Harvard had made an agreement with Cornell, providing for contests during the next two years in football, baseball and rowing. The proposition originated with Harvard, and the Cornell athletic council voted Monday night to accept it. The terms of the agreement, as definitely as can be stated at present, are: Football - at Cambridge in 1895; at Ithaca in 1896. Baseball - at Ithaca in 1896; at Cambridge in 1897. Rowing - at New London (or such other place as may be agreed upon) between June 10 and June 30, both 1896 and 1897.

As to whether this new arrangement has any bearing on Harvard's relations with Yale, nothing will be said at presens by the athletic committee. Prominent athletes who were seen last night expressed themselves as heartily in favor of the agreement with Cornell. While they were not in a position to state what its effect would be on contests with Yale in future years, it is understood that if it comes about that athletic relations with Yale are continued in future years, there will be nothing in the nature of things that will prevent regular contests with both colleges.