COMMENCEMENT DAY.

Programme for the Day. - Sketches of the Speakers.

Wednesday next, June 27, will be Commencement Day. The following is the programme of the day:

Board of Overseers. Meeting at Memorial Hall, 9 a.m.

Election of Overseers. Massachusetts Hall, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Commencement Exercises. Sanders Theatre, 10.30 a.m.

The President and Fellows, Overseers, Faculties and their officers will meet the invited guests and Alumni of the University at Massachusetts Hall, at 9.45 a.m. and, escorted by the Graduating Class, will proceed to Sanders Theatre. The Theatre will be open to ticket holders at 9.25 and seats will be reserved till 9.55.

Lawrence Scientific School Association. Meeting in the School Building, 12 m.

Dinner tickets will be for sale ($2.00 each) at the meeting. It is particularly requested that all members intending to be present should inform the Secretary before June 22.

Association of the Alumni. Business Meeting. Harvard Hall, 1 p.m.

Commencement Dinner. Memorial Hall, 2.30 p.m.

The Alumni and invited guests will assemble in Massachusetts Hall, at 2 p.m., and march in procession to Memorial Hall. Tickets for the dinner will be for sale at Massachusetts Hall from 10 till 2 o'clock. Price, one dollar. Graduates of 1832 and earlier classes are entitled to tickets without payment.

Lieutenant Governor Roger Walcott '70 will be Chief Marshal of the day.

The Commencement Speakers.Following are sketches of the Commencement speakers:

Carleton Eldridge Noyes, of Cambridge, will speak on "Literature and Life." He is 22 years old and prepared for college at the Boston Latin School, where he won the prize for elocution at graduation. He wrote part of last year's Delta Upsilon play, which was very successful. He has not only done a great deal of literary work, but has also taken a high rank in classical studies. He is a member of the Delta Upsilon Society.

Arthur Stanwood Pier, of Pittsburg, Penn., will speak on the "Rise and Fall of New Rome." Pier is 21 years old and went to St. Paul's School before coming to college. He has been an editor of the Advocate, a member of the Signet and the O. K., of the Hasty Pudding Club, and of various other social clubs.

John C. Rowe, of South Bethlehem, N. Y., will treat the subject, "Should the Municipal Franchise be Placed on a Property Basis?" He prepared for college at Cazenovia Seminary, Cazenovia, N. Y., where he was class orator at graduation. He is 22 years old. Rowe has been an active member of the Harvard Union; he was the alternate for Harvard in the Princeton debate held this spring.

Townsend Walsh, of Albany, N. Y., will speak of "The Irishman in Recent Fiction." He is 21 years of age and went to school at the Albany Academy, Albany. He has been an editor of the Advocate all through his college course. Most of his stories in that paper have been Irish dialect stories.

Robert Walcott, of Cambridge, has as his subject, "The Present Tendency toward City Parks." He is 20 years old and prepared at the Browne and Nichols School. Walcott has been a member of the '95 Signet, the Hasty Pudding Club, and has done considerable literary work during his course. He has also taken English VI.

Max Benshimol, of Roxbury, will deliver the Latin Salutatory. He is 21 years old and a graduate of the Cambridge Latin School. He was distinguished with Second Year Honors in the classics in his sophomore year and is now a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society.

Edward Francis McClennan, of Wrentham, will have the Law School Part. His subject is "Bounty Legislation." He is one of the youngest members of the class graduating from the Law School, and one of the most promising, although he is not a college graduate.

Carlos Carson Rowlinson, of Eureka, Ill., will deliver the Divinity School Part, taking as his subject, "The place of Christ in Modern Thought." Rowlinson is 30 years old. He graduated from Eureka College, Ill., in 1891. When he was in college he paid a good deal of attention to speaking, and in his senior year he was the winner of an oratorical contest.