CREW WORK TO BEGIN.

Captain Bullard Will Select 'Varsity and Freshman Crews.

In keeping with the policy marked out last year by the men who have undertaken to bring Harvard to the top in rowing, Captain Bullard will, in a few days, have a selected 'varsity and a selected freshman crew on the river for fall practice. Mr. Watson will coach the crews from the launch, John Harvard. The men for the 'varsity crew will be chosen by Captain Bullard without making a general call for candidates. He has a good idea of all the available material in the three upper classes, and from these he will pick his men. From the freshmen who present themselves tonight in answer to the call for men who are not playing football, an eight and several substitutes will be selected.

The practice will be in pair-oars for the first two weeks, then the two crews will go to eight-oared barges for the rest of the time on the water. There will be no gymnasium work and attention will be put on body and blade work.

The fall class races will come off this year as usual. The candidates will be called out shortly and the crews will be given about a month to prepare for the one-mile race which will take place the first week in November.