University Calendar.

16. Friday.

JANUARY 15. SUNDAY.Appleton Chapel, 7.30 p. m. Rev. James Freeman Clarke D. D. (The front pews are reserved for members of the University until 7.30.)

Week-day morning prayers at 8.45 a. m. No seats will be assigned, either for officers or classes.

Dr. McKenzie will conduct prayers from January 3 until January 26.

Dr. McKenzie will be at Wadsworth House 1 every week-day from 9-10.

16. MONDAY.Semitic Seminary. Subject: "A letter from Professor Toy on the Mosques of Cairo." 7 Lowell, 7.30 p. m.

17. TUESDAY.College Faculty. Meeting at University 5, at 3.30 p. m.

18. WEDNESDAY.English 6. Oral Debate. University 16, 3 p. m.

Divinity School Library. Debate 4 p. m.

19. THURSDAY.Vesper Service. Appleton Chapel, 5 p. m.

Vesper services will be held on Thursday of each week in term-time until further notice. Each service will begin promptly at 5 p. m. and close at 5.30. The public are invited to these services. The front pews are reserved for members of the University and friends accompanying them.

Recent large Steel Bridges. Illustrated Lecture. Mr. T. C. Clarke, President of the Union Bridge Company, of New York. Sander's Theatre, 7.30 p. m.

The steriopticon views illustrating this lecture will include those of the great Poughkeepsie bridge now building. The public are invited.

20. FRIDAY.Divinity School Chapel. Service with preaching, 7.30 p. m.

APPLETON CHAPEL-SUNDAY EVENING LECTURES.Jan. 15-Rev. James Freeman Clarke, D. D.

Jan. 22-Rt. Rev. Henry C. Potter, D. D., Bishop of New York.

Jan. 29 and Feb. 6-Rev. E. E. Hale, D. D.

DIVINTY SCHOOL CHAPEL LECTURES.A course of six lectures will be given in the Divinity School Chapel by persons connected with the University, but not teachers of the school. The remaining lectures are as follows:-

Jan. 24.- "The Relation of Law to the Supernatnral." Professor J. B. Thayer of the Law School.

Feb. 7.- "Some conditions of Intellectual Life in America." Professor C. E. Norton of the college.

Feb. 21.- "The Health of Professional Men." Professor Francis Minot of the Medical School.

March 6.- "Ministers as seen by a Layman." Henry Lee, A, M., of the Board of Overseers.

March 20.- "Intimations of Immortality in the Sonnets of Shakspere." Professor G. H. Palmer of the College.

MID-YEAR EXAMINATIONS.The mid-year examinations begin on Friday, January 27, and end on Saturday, February 11.

ENGLISH B.Themes will be read and discussed before the class on Tuesday, January 17, at 2 o'clock, in Sever 11.

Theme VII. will be due on January 24. Subject: A Literary Criticism.

Theme VIII. will be due on February 21. Subject: A Literary Criticism.

The attention of students is specially called to the directions of the English Composition Card. Each student is held responsible for a knowledge of those directions, and is expected to follow them implicitly.

By the regulations, no overdue theme will be accepted, unless the writer satisfies the secretary that his failure to present it at the appoiuted time was caused by serious illness or other unavoidable hindrance. Overdue themes, countersigned by the secretary, may be left at Grays 18. In no case must themes be put in the box in Sever 3 after the day on which they are due.

MISCELLANEOUS.The Library in Gore Hall is open Sundays during term-time from 1 p. m. till sunset for members of the University only.