FAST PRACTICE.

Hard Work in Preparation for the Indians Saturday.

The 'Varsity squad went through a hard afternoon's work yesterday. A number of coaches were out, giving plenty of individual attention to the line men, and keeping both teams on the move all the time. Crosby, Arthur Brewer, and Emmons coached the ends, and Waters and Newell, as usual, directed the centre play. Mr. Deland also was out.

In the first half, which lasted 30 minutes, the first team started off with a rush. Cozzens and Dunlop made long runs between tackle and end. The interference was better than usual, and the backs followed it well. Dunlop scored the first touchdown.

The second then braced up, Brine made a good run for 30 yards, but soon after Cozzens made 50 yards around left end, and a second touchdown followed.

For the rest of the half the playing was more evnn. Doucette, Sargent and Wadsworth did good work for the second, while Frank Shaw and Bouve played a strong game on the first. Bouve was especially useful in the interference.

The line-up was practically the same inthe second half, and several of the men seemed used up. Brown, Cabot and Haughten had been laid off during the first half and the play was not so steady. Brewer and Newell played on the second and strengthened it materially. The only scoring done was a safety, scored by the first team on a blocked kick by Jaffray.

There was some bad fumbling on both sides during the latter part of the practice, and the number of muffed kicks was inexcusable. In other respects the work was rather encouraging.

The line-up was as follows:

FIRST ELEVEN. SECOND ELEVEN.

Cabot, l. e. r. e., Graydon.

Lewis, l. e. r. e., Richardson.

r. e., A. Brewer.

Mills, l. t. r. t., Merriman.

Sargent, l. t. r. t., Woodward.

r. t., Newell.

Bouve, l. g. r. g., Jaffray.

r. g., Tuckerman.

F. Shaw, c. c., Doucette.

Hoague, c.

N. Shaw, r. g. l. g., Burden.

Jaffray, r. g.

Haughton, r. t. l. t., Sargent.

Merriman, r. t. l. t., Mills.

Moulton, r. e. l. e., Seaver.

Beale, q. b., q. b., Wadsworth.

Cochrane, q. b.

Dunlop, r. h. b. l. h. b., Dayton.

Cozzens, l. h. b. r. h. b., Brine.

Brown, f. b. f. b., Weld.

Dibblee, f. b.