SENIORS, 10; JUNIORS, 0.

A Well=Earned Victory in an Interesting Game.

The game between '97 and '98 was not as close as was expected. The Seniors won rather easily and had several chances to increase their score, while their own goal was never threatened.

The game was decidedly interesting and abounded in long runs and trick plays. The ends on both sides were rather weak and frequently allowed long gains. The Seniors showed excellent team play and had very good interference. The Juniors were slower in getting started and were weaker in the line.

For '97 Hallowell did some excellent punting, as good, in fact. as has been seen on the 'varsity field this year. Garrison played his usual fine game, and Scannell was particularly strong in the line. For '98 Manning and Scull played the best game, while the three centre men also played well.

Hallowell kicked off for '97 and the ball was returned to the 30 yard line. Here '97 began playing the tackles, and soon Holmes was badly hurt and had to be carried off the field. He was replaced at right tackle by Riggs. Short rushes carried the ball to the centre of the field and a punt gave it to '98 on her 15 yard line. Scull circled the left end for 20 yards, but the ball was lost. Sleeper was sent against right tackle, but, finding no one in his way he ran around the end for a touchdown. Hallowell kicked the goal.

After the kickoff punts were exchanged untit '97 got the ball on her 20 yard line. Here Little and Carret each made two runs of about 20 yards and brought the ball to the 10 yard line. '98 held well and secured the ball on down. Good gains were made on a fake kick and on end plays by Manning. At the centre of the field '97 took the ball and soon after time was called.

In the second half, '98 had the kick off, but Hallowell returned the kick gaining slightly for '97. '98 started off to rush the ball but were soon obliged to give it up on downs. Two rushes were made by '97 through the opposing tackles and then the ball was given to Little, who, behind good interference, cleared '98's right end for forty yards and a touchdown. Hallowell failed to kick an easy goal.

From this point on to the end of the game the ball was kept most of the time in '98's territory, mainly because of the fine punting of Hallowell. When time was called '97 had the ball on '98's 12 yard line.

The line-up of the two teams was as follows:

'97. '98.

Fenno, l. e. r. e., Flershem.

Sleeper, l. t. r. t., Holmes, Riggs.

Williams, l. g. r. g., Thayer.

Fitzgerald, c. c., Marvin.

O'Connor, r. g. l. g., Hennen.

Scannell, r. t. l. t., Rice.

Rantoul, r. e. l. e., Curtis.

Garrison, q. b. q. b., Valentine.

Carret, l. h. r. h., Manning.

Little, r. h. l. h., Scull.

Hallowell, f. b. f. b., Flint.

The summary: Umpire, Jo es; Referee, Crane; Linesmen, for '97-Dean; for '98-F. Goodridge; Touchdowns, Sleeper, Little; Goal from touchdown, Hallowell, 1. Time, 20 minute halves.