Official Notice.

The Department of French is prepared to approve qualified graduates and undergraduates as Tutors in French during the academic year 1894-95.

Applications must be made in writing on forms supplied by the Department and must state the courses in which the candidate desires to tutor.

Every approved tutor will receive a notice, in writing, of such approval and a list, containing the names of all persons so approved, will be published by the Department.

Forms may be obtained from Professor de Sumichrast, to whom all applications are to be addressed.

Verbal applications and applications not on Departmental forms will not be considered.

F. C. DE SUMICHRAST.ENG. A.-Section 5d. Consultation:

Powers-Stearns, Nov. 8.

Stebbins-N. R. Wood, Nov. 13.

J. H. BOYNTON.

ENGLISH 7.-The lecture next Monday will treat of Swift. Special reports may be on either Swift or Addison. Books are now reserved in the Library.

LEWIS E. GATES.ONLY three of Mr. Copeland's classes are now open to beginners. These meet Wednesday, at half past two, in Sever 5; Thursday, at half past three, in Harvard 6; and Friday, at eleven, in Upper Dane.

No more men can be taken into the debating club, but members of the University are invited to be present at discussions and to speak "from the house

34 4t*