'99 vs. 1901.

This afternoon the final class game will be played between '99 and the Freshmen. From every indication the game should be a hard one, though the chances are considerably in favor of the Freshman team.

Although a Freshman eleven has never won the class championship, it must be realized that conditions are changed this year, so as to materially add to the strength of their team. For this year no considerable number of the entering class have been with the 'Varsity, in fact only one man is now with the squad, and under this system the Freshmen have the advantage of the full football strength of their class. This advantage, of course no other class has, and that it is an important one cannot be denied. Besides this the '99 team is somewhat crippled after the game with '98, and will not go into the game in its best form. Still the junior team has somewhat the advantage of experience and should put up a strong game.

The teams will line up as follows:

'99. 1901.

Johnston, l. e. r. e., Hallowell.

Holden, l. t. r. t., J. Lawrence.

Lloyd, l. g. r. g., Talbot.

Homans, c. c., Kasson.

Catlin, r. g. l. g., Dayton.

Kilbourne, r. t. l. t., Brayton.

Baldwin, r. e. l. e., W. Lawrence.

Farley, q. b. q. b., Daly.

Davis, l. h. b. r. h. b., Ellis.

Adams, r. h. b. l. h. b., Kendall.

Brown, f. b. f. b., Jaynes.

Yesterday afternoon the '99 team went through a short signal practice, paying especial attention to the closeness and hard running of the interference.

The Freshmen went through signal practice for some time. They are developing a good system of interference and should show up well in this afternoon's game. Burnett, who has been playing for some time on the 'Varsity squad, joined the Freshmen yesterday and played a strong game at centre.