NEXT YEAR'S PROSPECTS

As Shown by This Year's Development in Track Athletics.

Now that the interscholastic track games are over for the season, it is possible to consider the material for next year's track team, which the work of the last month has brought into prominence. The most striking feature of the work of this year's Mott Haven team has been the number of Freshmen who were developed into point winners. This and the fact that there are but three point winners, Bigelow '98, Bremer M. S., and J. T. Clarke '98, who will not compete next year, should give the team a strong nucleus on which to build.

A. W. Robinson 1901, E. J. Green L. S., and D. G. Harris 1900 are left in the sprints. This trio will be strengthened by A. M. Butler of the Worcester High School, who won the 220 yards dash in the national interscholastic games on Friday last.

The addition of H. J. Winslow, C. H. and L., in the quarter mile will make this a strong event, as H. H. Fish '99 is a very sure point winner, and Winslow won the event in 51 3-5s in the interscholastic games at New York.

The two longer runs will be very strong next year. In addition to the men who ran this year there will be Batchelder of Waban school, who ran the 880 yards in 1m. 59 2-5s. last Friday.

With the exception of Bremer there will be the same list of hurdlers. The Hersey brothers of Exeter and Converse of Hale's, who expect to enter in the fall, will make these events still stronger. G. N. Hersey is also a good broad jumper while Converse has cleared the bar at 5 ft. 9 in. H. J. Browne, St. Paul's, S. F. Spear, W. A., and W. W. Coe, Hopkinson's, are all coming to Harvard next year. These three men divided the honors in the weight events at the interscholastic meet.

The same men who competed this year in all the field events, with the exception of Clarke in the broad jump, will return next year. In addition to the men mentioned above T. E. Burke 1901, who was prevented from running on account of the eligibility rules, will be able to compete in the middle distance runs.