Intercollegiate Golf Tournament

The fourth annual intercollegiate tournament begins today on the links of the Garden City Golf Club. In the previous tournaments Yale has won the cup twice and Harvard once. Should Yale win it again this year it will become her permanent property. Princeton, Harvard, and Yale, and possibly Columbia and Pennsylvania will send teams of six men each to compete in match play for for the college championship.

The individual championship will consist of eighteen holes, medal play, the best eight men qualifying. The finals for the championship will be decided by 36 holes match play.

Harvard has three of last year's team left, Averell, Clark and Hubbard, while Yale has only two, Robertson and Havemeyer. Although Princeton has but one of last year's players, she is thought to have a very strong team. Both Yale and Princeton are considered stronger than Harvard.

The following men will compose the Harvard team; G. C. Clark '01, captain, T. Richardson '02, G. G. Hubbard '00, J. G. Averell '99, C. R. Henderson '03, H. Lindsley '02, and W. Wadsworth '02, substitute.

The men to represent Yale are: T. M. Robertson '01, captain; F. C. Havemeyer '00, L. P. Myers '01S., E. M. Byers '01, T. L. Cheney '01, C. Hitchcock '03, and E. L. Ives '00S., substitute.

The Princeton team will be made up as follows: J. Stuart '00, captain; C. Griswold '99, G. J. Cooke '01, P. Pyne '03, Dahlgren '03, and two others to be selected later.