SENIORS, 15; JUNIORS, 0.

The 1901 Eleven Outclassed by 1900.--Rain and Slippery Field.

On Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon the Senior eleven won from the Juniors by a score of 15 to 0. All three of the touchdowns were well-merited by 1900, who had the advantage of a heavier team on a slippery field. Slowly but steadily the Seniors advanced the ball, about the middle of the first half, from the centre of the field to within a yard or two of 1901's goal line. On the third down, Shaw broke through the centre for the remaining short distance. Continued hammering in the same half also brought about the second touchdown, which Lowrie finally made around the end. The single touchdown of the second half was the prettiest play of the game. Brown, finding his way between centre and guard, and passing Hardy by means of Davis's interference, made a 65 yard run to the goal line.

The Seniors deserved to win. Not only was their team heavier and the handling of the ball cleaner, but their playing was far more aggressive than 1901's. Of the plays that were tried, the guards-back formation worked most successfully, especially when Shaw took the ball. On a double-pass to quarterback, Hatch once made seven or eight yards. Gains were also frequently made through the line because the forwards, by starting before their opponents, usually succeeded in charging them back and opening up holes for the runner. Although the backs never supported the runner any too well, individually they often showed very good judgment in working their way through the line or in dodging around the ends. Lowrie, Livermore and Cook all made repeated gains. Considering that the day was poor and that the contest was class football, the work of 1900's eleven was very satisfactory.

The Juniors did not come up to expectations. Nowhere was this more plainly shown than at the beginning of the second half, when, by successive rushes, they advanced the ball to within twenty yards of their opponents' goal-line, but there lost it on a fumble.

The backs really had very few chances to show what they could do. During the first half, for example, they did not have the ball for more than a third of the time. In the second half, they felt the loss of the regular quarterback, Daly, who was injured. The backs frequently weakened on the defensive, and the forwards, who were forced back, would often put them out of the play. On a slippery field and against heavier opponents, the line-men played too high. But they were not responsible for the poor judgement shown in the second half when, with a strong wind at her back, 1901 failed to punt.

The line-up and summary follows: 1900.  1901. Beardsell, A. Davis (capt.), r.e.  l.e., Jenkins. Lewis, r.t.  l.t., Henderson. Trainer, r.g.  l.g., Stillings, Force. Moore, e.  c., Lyman. Shaw, l.g.  r.g., Perry. Chadbourne, l.t.  r.t., McConnell. Heard, l.e.  r.e., A. Morse (capt.) Hatch, q.b.  q.b., Daly, Hardy. Livermore, Cook, r.h.  l.h., J. S. Lawrence. Lowrie, l.h.  r.h., E. Putnam. Brown, Scott, f.b.  f.b., Cunningham.

Touchdowns--Shaw, Lowrie, Brown. Referee--T. Hoague, 2L. Umpire--J. C. Rice, 2L. Timekeeper--C. Hobbs '00. Halves--20 min.