Freshman Practice

In the line-up between the first eleven and the scrub yesterday, the Freshman team showed signs of loose playing. The backs bucked the line often without effect, and the second was able to make repeated gains through the centre. The only encouraging feature was the good punting of Stillman, who is beginning to raise his kicks high enough for the ends to get down in time. Several changes were made in the line-up. Jones was tried at right guard instead of Riggs, who until recently has filled the position regularly. McGrew also went in, in place of Nickerson at left tackle. In the first minute of the practice, Baldwin, being slightly hurt, retired in favor of Daly. During the fifteen minutes the playing lasted, the Freshmen scored once. The line-up follows: First Freshman  Second Freshman Clark, r.e.  l.e., Noyes Knowlton, r.t.  l.t., Randolph. Jones, r.g.  l.g., Cudahy. Sugden, c.  c. Hadden. Graydon, l.g.  r.g., Whitney. McGrew, l.t.  r.t., Piper. Bowditch, l.e.  r.e., Littig. Baldwin, Daly, q.b.  q.b., Lovering. Derby, r.h.  l.h., McGlensey, Weed. Hersey, l.h.  r.h., Percival, Weed. Stillman, f.b.  f.b., Switzer.