Communication from the Committee on Class Day Elections

To the Editors of the Crimson:

As many Seniors may not be fully informed of the duties of the Class Committee and of the Senior Spread Committee and, therefore, will be uncertain as to the necessary qualifications of efficient committeemen, it may not be out of place for the Committee on Election to state briefly the work expected of each committee.

The Class Committee will have charge of all concerns of the class after graduation, and will be especially responsible for the tri-ennial dinners. It is customary and practically necessary that the chairman and one other member be residents of Boston or New York. The chairman, too, should be qualified to preside at the dinners and to draw out latent enthusiasm and gaiety, so that these reunions may prove all that can be hoped for. It is, however, but just and desirable that there be one Western man in this committee.

The Senior Spread Committee will, under the supervision of the Class Day Committee, have charge of preparations for the Senior spread. Its members should be well enough acquainted in Boston and vicinity to secure the necessary patronesses.

A little consideration, on the part of each voter, of the requirements for these committees will go far to ensure the election of suitable men, and the choice of such men is necessary to the success of this year's electoral experiment. COMMITTEE ON ELECTION.