American Historical Association Meeting.

The American Historical Association will hold its fifteenth annual meeting in Boston and Cambridge on December 27, 28, and 29. The society is closely connected with the University, since many Harvard men are on its list of presidents and executive councils.

Among the speeches to be given on the morning of the first day at the South Congregational Church, Boston, are two by Harvard men: An address of welcome by Josiah Quincy '80, and a paper on "The Selection and Training of Colonial officials in England, Holland and France," by Mr. A. Lawrence Lowell '77. In the evening, Roger Wolcott '70, will give a second address of welcome.

In the session which will be held Thursday morning on the general subject of "Fields of Historical Study," two more papers will be given by Harvard men; "A Plea for Military History," by Mr. C. F. Adams '56, and a "Plea for Economic History," by Professor W. J. Ashley.

The Friday sessions will be held in Sanders Theatre. Among other addresses, Professor S. M. Macvane will speak on "Democracy and Diplomacy," and the Hon. George F. Hoar '46, Edwin V. Morgan '90, and others will take part in a discussion on an historical subject. President Eliot will also give a brief address. Lunch at 1 p. m. will be given by the President and Fellows of Harvard College in Memorial Hall. Afterwards members will have an opportunity to visit Harvard and Radcliffe under guidance of the history clubs of the two colleges. At 3.30, the President and Corporation of Radcliffe will give the ladies who attend the convention a tea in Fay House. Miss Alice Longfellow will then hold a reception at Craigie House. At the tea, Mrs. Louis Agassiz, president of Radcliffe, and Miss Longfellow will read papers, the former an "Address of Welcome," and the latter the "History of the Craigie House."

The business meeting of the association will be held at 4 o'clock in the Fogg Museum, and in the evening a dinner will be given at the Brunswick Hotel.