The University Library.

The Library during the past three months has suffered from the usual slackening of interest occasioned by the absence of students and assistants. A few improvements, however, have been undertaken.

The first of these is the sorting out of the books on China which are already in the Library and their proper classification. This was done in view of numerous additions which are likely to be made to this department in the near future.

The subject of crusades having lately become a topic of special study an effort is being made to bring together and to classify all books bearing on this matter. From the large collection of miscellaneous books of the Count Riaut library given to the Library last year many of the volumes will be taken.

In addition to these changes the Library has been enriched by a gift of one hundred dollars from Mr. James Loeb '88 of New York. This money was given with the provision that it be spent in collecting the publications of labor unions, newspapers issued in their interest or any other publications on the subject.