MANY COACHES PRESENT.

First Eleven Coached in Stopping Guards Back Play and in Offensive Work.

A large number of graduate coaches were present at the secret practice yesterday and worked vigorously with the entire team. W. H. Lewis L. S. '95, M. Donald '99, A. E. Doucette '95, and J. S. Graydon '98 coached the linemen; and D. S. Dean '91, N. W. Cabot '98, C. W. Forbes '92, J. E. N. Shaw '98 and B. G. Waters '95 did some general coaching. The second eleven was given more practice in the guards-back formation, and in the game it used this play a great deal. It was well executed but was usually stopped for no gain. Sargent and J. Lawrence of the first eleven were the most noticeable in the defensive work. On the offense the first eleven did fairly well, scoring three touchdowns in the two halves. The team was weakened by the absence of Kendall and Kernan, both of whom have slight injuries. Sawin was out for the first time since the Columbia game and took part in the signal practice.

On the play after the kick-off Swann, with good interference, made a thirty yard run around right end. The first team then made a series of short gains amounting to sixty yards and Stillman was finally pushed over for the touchdown, one minute after play began. The second touchdown was made by Swann on a twenty yard run through right tackle. The first eleven did no more scoring in this half because of ragged offensive work. What gains were made were due to the poor work of the second eleven. On the first kick-off in the second half L. Daly fumbled and Devens got the ball on the thirty yard line. A fifteen yard plunge by Devens and an end run for the same distance by Derby scored the last touchdown. The rest of the half was spent in work with the guards back.

The line-up: First Eleven.  Second Eleven Hallowell, r.e.  l.e., Hawkins, Motley. J. Lawrence, R. Lawrence, r.t.  l.t., McGrew. Barnard, Burnett, r.g.  l.g., Grew. Sargent, Roberts, c.  c., Sugden, Green. Lee, l.g.  r.g., Rainsford. Eaton, Graydon, l.t.  r.t., Lewis, Spratt. Bowditch, l.e.  r.e., Clark. Daly, Fincke, q.b.  q.b., L. Daly, Baldwin. Devens, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Blagden. Swann, Derby, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Derby, Ives. Stillman, f.b.  f.b., Mifflin.