Lacrosse Plans.

In about a week candidates for the lacrosse team will be called out for fall practice which continues until the last of November. The new men will be formed into squads and instructed by experienced players in stick work and the rudiments of the game. The practice will be held on Holmes Field.

In the spring open practice will begin the last of March. The regular games with Columbia, Cornell and Pennsylvania in the Intercollegiate League will be played in May; and additional games with the Crescent Athletic Club, Johns Hopkins and two or three other college teams are to be arranged. Harvard will play Pennsylvania at Philadelphia and Cornell at Ithaca but will meet the other teams in Cambridge. Class teams will be formed to compete for a set of cups.

The prospects for the team are very bright. R. H. Grimes and C. M. Guggenheimer, former members of the Johns Hopkins team, who were ineligible a year ago, will be candidates, and all the members of last year's team with the exception of Captain Mortland, who has left College, are coming out.