University Meeting.

This evening at 7.15 in Peabody Hall, Brooks House, will be held the second of the University religious meetings. The Rev. William S. Rainsford of St. George's Church, N. Y., as announced a few days ago will speak. This will be the first in a series of addresses to be given during the year by prominent men and clergymen of different denominations. Dr. Lyman Abbott will speak on Feb. 20.

The object of these meetings is to place before the members of the University moral and ethical questions, to arouse in them a deeper interest in matters religious and to stimulate them to living more intelligent, more effective, and more spiritual lives.

Dr. Rainsford spoke last year on the subject of courage. His address made a deep impression upon those who heard him and it is hoped that a large number of men will attend the meeting tonight.

The committee is partly made up of men from all the different religious societies in the University: H. W. Foote, 2Dv. chairman; Gibson Bell '01, secretary; R. S. Rainsford '02, treasurer; Malcom Donald 2L., W. J. Desstond 3L., C. F. Shaw '01, C. D. Daly '01, W. R. Lawrence '01, Aldrich Durant '02, R. Derby '03.