A University Chorus.

A plan has been made by graduates connected with the musical interests of the University to form a chorus of ten or fifteen men to go abroad this summer. The plan has received the provisional approbation of the Faculty, and the initial steps toward carrying out the idea will be taken at once. The object of the trip is primarily to secure for the men taken the exceptional musical and social advantages offered by such a trip. The chorus will give concerts, but merely for the purpose of paying expenses, as the trip is not to be in any sense a business venture.

The men who go will be selected in competition from all departments of the University, and as the success of the undertaking depends upon the excellence of the chorus selected, all men in the University with good natural voices or of musical ability and training should come out. The men who are chosen will receive careful training under an experienced musical director.

The first trials will be held, if possible, early next Monday evening. The time and place will be announced later. The following graduates will act as a committee to select the chorus: Mr. W. A. Locke '69, Mr. Arthur Foote '74 and Mr. W. R. Spalding '87. No definite plans as to the extent and duration of the trip have yet been formulated.