SENIORS VS. SOPHOMORES.

Last Debate of Interclass Series in Fogg Lecture Room at 8 o'clock.

The debate this evening at 8 o'clock in the Fogg Lecture Room between the Seniors and sophomores promises to be very closely contested. Apart from the debate proper, there will be several speeches by former Harvard debaters, and the presentation of cups to the winners of the preliminary interclass debates will be made. Mr. R. C. Surbridge '89, who gave the cups and medals bearing his name, will address the meeting.

A handsome loving cup, the gift of the members of the two Harvard teams which defeated Yale in 1899 and 1900 to their coach, Mr. A. P. Stone will speak on the subject of University debating.

The Pasteur medal, which will be awarded to the best speaker in the debate, has recently been received from France by Professor de Sumichrast. In full relief on the face of the medal is the head of a girl in classic head-dress and wreathed with laurel, typifying the spirit of the French Republic. On the back is a scroll bearing the date 1900, surrounded by oak, laurel and Egyptian palm leaves. "University Harvard Medaile Pasteur" is inscribed about the scroll. The medal is two and one-half inches in diameter and contains five hundred Frances's worth of gold. It is exceedingly well wrought and designed, and is the work of Alphonse Desaide, a noted Parisian jeweler.