Archaeological Fellowships.

The Archaeological Institute of America offers six fellowships for the year 1901-1902; three in Greek Archaeology, one with a stipend of $1000 and two with stipends of $600 each; two in Roman Archaeology, of $600 each; and one in Christian Archaeology, of $500. The work of the Fellows in Greek Archaeology will be done at the American School of Classical Studies at Athens, and the work of the other Fellows at the School at Rome. All the fellowships will be awarded on a basis of written competitive examinations, although one Fellow each year may be reappointed at the discretion of the committee on fellowships for a second year without examination. Candidates must give notice of their intention of taking the examinations for the fellowships on or before February 1, 1901. The examinations will be held at Athens and Rome; and at any universities or colleges represented on the managing committee of the Institute, on March 12, 13 and 14, 1901, for the fellowships at Rome; and on March 14, 15 and 16 for the fellowships at Athens.