The Educational Department.

The plans for the museum and library for the Educational Department are now in definite form, and only remain to be carried out when the space assigned to the department has been vacated. Professor Hanus, the head of the department, has had assigned for the purpose the second floor of the west wing and the annex of the Lawrence Scientific School, the latter being at present used as an engineering laboratory. With the completion of the new Engineering Building, these will be vacated and alterations will be made to suit the new conditions. The laboratory and basement of the annex will be remodelled to form a museum of the apparatus and equipment used by the schools, and the manufacturers of such articles will be invited to contribute toward forming an exhibit of maps, charts and so forth. In the second floor of the wing which will be used by the department are five rooms and an office. Three rooms will be used as a library, and the two recitation rooms which look upon Kirkland street will be thrown into one, to form a recitation room large enough to accommodate the largest class in education. The office will still be retained as such.

The library, as planned, will include the text book library now in Sever 15, numbering between three and four thousand volumes, and forming an exhibit of the text books published by the different houses; and the education library proper, or works on education; which, it is planned, shall be bought with the money which has been contributed for the purpose. One of the